Sunday, April 28, 2013

Jalapeno Powder


Jalapeno Powder




I found some some beautiful jalapeno's at the produce market the other day. I wanted to pickle them because they were so fresh. While pickling I ran out of jars and vinegar. Since I was going to busy for the next few days I needed to do something with the remaining peppers before they started to get funky. Dehydrator to the rescue! I use my dehydrator a lot, particularly to dry herbs and veggies. I also love to make beef and salmon jerky! Those recipes will be coming soon. 


This is really a no brainier to make. First slice the jalapenos thin enough to to fit in between the dehydrator trays.


Arrange evenly on the dehydrator trays and dehydrate over night.


Remove the slices and crumble in a spice mill or coffee grinder. This is my old coffee grinder that I have dedicated for spices only. Grind until you have a fine powder and your done!


This powder adds amazing flavor to spice rubs. I also like to add it to sour cream. Its great on anything that you usually put sour cream on. My favorite thing to do with it is to sprinkle it on top of fried eggs! 









No comments:

Post a Comment