Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Pecan Smoked Swine with Herb Paste Rub

I love to smoke pork. I learned an easy quick way to achieve this. Take a pork butt and debone it. Saving the fat back on the meat. Cut into 2 pound portions. You should get 2 sometimes 3. I usually smoke one at a time and freeze the rest for later. Score the fat in a hatch pattern.
Rub the pork generously with what ever seasoning you like. I used a paste of Basil, rosemary , oregano , garlic, coriander, and olive oil. Salt and pepper and put in the fridge for at least 3 hours.
Smoke on indirect heat at about 275• for about 2 hours with the fat back facing up. I used pecan wood for flavor and a little oak for even heat.
The portions are great for small gatherings or if you just want to make some sandwiches and tacos for the week.
My favorite sauce with this is a fresh chimichuri. Heavy on the garlic!

No comments:

Post a Comment